Tajdeed strives to facilitate the participation of inner-city residents in soul-replenishing retreats based in natural environments, local and national, meant to cultivate a healthy spirit of adventure and create important opportunities for self-reflection and close companionship, particularly impactful for residents of the inner-city. Also, we try to organize periodic i’tikafs at area masjids to get away from life’s many distractions and recharge participants’ commitment to drawing nearer to Allah Most High.
Past retreat-related articles & posts:
- From the Streets of DC to the Mountains of Tennessee (SeekersRetreat 2011)
- 5 Years Later: An Update on DC Muslim Youth & Appeal for Supporting a Worthy Effort (SeekersRetreat 2012)
- Make an Impact this Ramadan. (Al-Maqasid Retreat 2013)
- Wishing You the Best in these Special Days… And Always! (Al-Maqasid 2013)
- Weekend at the Makkah Learning Center